Sunday, May 22, 2011

Miscellaneous Mendocino








Friday Lenore and I took off for the coast. She had a tech training in Fort Bragg so I drove over with her and we had a car picnic on the Pomo Headlands. After our picnic I dropped her off at her training. It was great because I got to play while she worked. I drove up to Mckerricher SP and watched the Ospreys and I photographed some ducks and a Bullfrog. After I picked her up we had a walk along the coast at Pudding Creek and then had a great dinner at "Off the Hook" in Fort Bragg followed by a single scoop at "Cowlicks Ice Cream".

On Saturday we lazed around and had a continental breakfast at the Beachcomber. We went for a short walk down the coast. There were wildflowers everywhere! We then explored some of the pastoral woodlands off of Bald Mountain Road in the car. Afterwards we went into Fort Bragg and took the "Walking Quilt Tour" which involves going into stores and looking at the quilts on display and answering questions about them on a tour guide pamphlet. Most of my time was spent looking for textures to photograph while Lenore went into the stores. Though I did look at some of the quilts which were pretty cool. Lunch was a simple affair at "Jenny's Giant Burgers" and then we headed home to Willits.

God's love and blessings to all,
chris

No comments:

Post a Comment