Friday, June 3, 2011

Off to Clearlake
















I had good time at Clearlake State Park today. I paddled away from the boat launch off into one of the sloughs. I photographed a wide variety of subjects. Western Pond Turtles, Tree Swallows, Cormorants, Canadian Geese, Wood and Mallard ducks. As well as a California Ground Squirrel. While I was photographing in the slough the wind came up. I noticed this odd sound and I realized that it was waves crashing on the beach. It gave me a rather exciting paddle back to the boat ramp. I was surfing the waves which made me really nervous to have my camera on board but the kayak handled it with no problems what so ever. By this time it had clouded up pretty heavily and was starting to spit rain. On the way home I stopped off at the dock at Lake Mendocino and the lake was flat as glass.

God's love and blessings to all,

chris

Note: I use a Native Watercraft Ultimate 14.5 Kayak that is really stable for photography.
Here is a link to some pictures and a description of the camera support I use on my kayak.Just copy and paste it into your browser

http://diyphotocheapodepot.blogspot.com/2011/04/kayak-camera-support.html

No comments:

Post a Comment