Thursday, February 23, 2012

Gray Day










My new feeder set up is intended to draw in some very elusive Mountain Quail. A few have come in but I haven't gotten any photogenic images of them yet. They are the holy grail quail of my front yard blind. Sometimes when I coming up the driveway I'll see a group of them leave the area by my feeder. A few years back I had a dozen of them taking a dust bath right next to my photoblind completely out of camera range as there was no way you could point a lens down onto them.

This morning I had to be content with photographing the Western Gray Squirrels as they dominated the feeders most of the time I was out there.I heard some quail but they never showed at the feeder. Even the ten oclock turkeys didn't show up. It was a Gray squirrel kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment