Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Welcome Back

Yesterday afternoon I was able to photograph a chipmunk in my yard for the first time in about four years.For reasons unknown to me four years ago the chipmunk population around our property just crashed.I never did figure out why they vanished. Was it a natural dip in population? I don't know. I often suspected it was a black cat we had that was pretty adept at catching mice and rats. That cat has been gone for about two years now (most likely eaten by a mountain lion) possibly leading to a build up in our chipmunk population. Chipmunks only have a home territory of about half an acre so that very well could be the case. At any rate it was really cool to see one close up in my backyard again. God's love and blessings to all, chris ID wise this appears to be a Sonoma Chipmunk

No comments:

Post a Comment