Saturday, January 4, 2014

Star Trails

Last night it was clear, cold and dark. Just perfect for doing some star trail photography. After midnight I went out into the backyard and set up my camera so that it would be facing Polaris the North Star. I took a couple of test images to create a nice composition. Then I started up the camera and went to bed. This morning I got up before sunrise and collected my camera.I went into the office and processed the images using an image processing program called Star Stax I'm quite happy with the final result. I was really surprised that there weren't any meteors in it. Have a beautiful day, chris
Camera Equipment Used- Canon 7D and a Canon 10-22 at 10mm, Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod with a 3055 Ballhead. Camera settings- Manual Mode, ISO 5,000, F4.5 at 30 seconds.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I appreciate you stopping in for a look Maggie Ann. Thank you so much for your comment.

      Delete