Thursday, September 4, 2014

Perched

Earlier this week I wanted to create an image of a Chestnut Backed Chickadee on a fungi (mushroom). On Tuesday evening I put together everything I would need and later that night out in the dark I got it all set up. On Wednesday morning there was a flurry of activity at the feeder and I made a lot of images. I got a few that were really great. These two images were my favorites. My new book "Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography" is soon to be released on Sept.11th and is currently being shipped to retailers. I'm excited! Please check it out on Amazon and other fine book sellers. It is the perfect Christmas present for birders or photographers wanting to learn how to photograph birds in their backyards or just get it for yourself as it is available as a preorder. These images were created with a Canon 7D and a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens with a Manfotto 055XB tripod and a Bogen 3055 ballhead. Camera setting used AV mode, ISO, F stop and shutter speeds varied. Have a blessed day. chris

No comments:

Post a Comment