Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Time for a Cool One

This morning the birds came out in force to the water feature I built out in the Little Lake Valley a few days ago. I even got my blind bounced by a Steller's Jay. Right after I climbed into the blind and closed the zipper I heard a Steller's call and then bam it bounced into the top of the blind and flew off screeching. They are quite an intelligent bird! Several times over the years I have had them slam into the blind when I'm in it. Sometimes they will do it right next to the camera port. That will wake you up in a hurry! Today there were House Finches, Golden Crowned Sparrows, Dark Eyed Juncos, both Scrub and Steller's Jays and one American Goldfinch that didn't stay around for very long.God's tender love and blessings to all,chris All images created with a Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 IS lens. Camera settings used- AV mode,ISO 800,F5.6,shutter speed varied. A Manfotto 055XB tripod and a Bogen 3055 ballhead was used to support the camera. If you are interested in how to build a water feature please check out my new book new book Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography which includes the plans to build both large and small water features to photograph birds. http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Backyard-Photography-Chris-Hansen/dp/1937538559

No comments:

Post a Comment