Thursday, April 23, 2015

Fabulous Finches

On Wednesday morning I was back out in the Little Lake Valley photographing birds from my photoblind. Looking down into the valley just before sunrise I could tell that it was going to be foggy day making for some great light for bird photography. After my arrival the first thing I did was to set up a separate bird feeder for the Acorn Woodpeckers about twenty feet away from the main bird feeder. They have made it almost impossible to photograph anything except woodpeckers. This helped a lot and I only had a couple of woodpeckers use the main feeder. There were a lot of House Finches I was hoping for some more American Gold Finches but sadly none of them made an appearance. This will be the last of the series using pink/red in the background for awhile. I'm getting a little tired of it especially while editing. Hmmmnnn... what color should I go for next? What color would you like to see? God's love and blessings to all, chris Finch images created with a Canon 7D and a Tamron 150-600 on a tripod with the VC off. Camera settings used. AV mode,ISO 800, F 8.0 shutter speeds varied. Landscape image was handheld with VC on.

2 comments: