Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Guess the Mystery Guest!

I am a mammal and a herbivore that can eat over a pound of plants in a day. I'm found from Baja California and Central Mexico northward into the west and west central United States. Usually I'm found in grasslands and deserts though I can be found in other habitats as well. Typically I weigh from 3 to 9 pounds and I am about 2 feet long. I make a shallow nest in the dirt to bear my young usually 2-4 of them and my babies are called leverets. If you want to see fast. Man I am really fast. I can run in bursts of speed close to 40 mph and can leap 10 feet horizontally when I am on the run! One of the coolest things about me is that I use my large ears to help me keep cool when it is hot by regulating my blood flow through them. One of my unusual habits is of eating my feces to get more nutrition out of my food. Do you know who I am? If you haven't guessed it the mystery guest will be revealed in tomorrow's photoblog. God's love and blessings to all, chris Image created with a Canon 7D and a Tamron 150-600mm lens at 552mm. ISO 800, F 6.3 at 1/1,250th of a sec. handheld with the VC on.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Julie Kenward. Thank you very much for stopping by and commenting. I hope you are having a beautiful spring day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You are 100 percent correct! Nice work Traveler Literary Gnome.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks the comment kenpatchi. My wife and I had a lot of fun moving the car back and forth trying to get the car in just the right spot to take this image.

      Delete