Friday, November 13, 2015

"I'll Be Waiting..."

With the start of the rains we are using the wood stove a lot more to heat up the house when it gets chilly. Earlier this week when I went to grab a piece of firewood for the woodstove I was shocked to see a scorpion sitting where my hand had been headed. I'm so glad that I looked before I grabbed. Funny thing is I had handled that piece of wood a couple of times in getting it into the house. I'm sure that there will be more waiting to surprise me in the woodpile. This afternoon I photographed the wee beastie with my macro lens and a table lamp on a piece of tagboard. May you have a fun and blessed weekend, chris Image created with a Canon 7D and a 100mm macro lens. AV mode,ISO 400,F 22.0,1/6th of a sec.

3 comments:

  1. I love this Chris - the photo, not the scorpion (although I respect them). Thanks for sharing the story behind it and how you took this image.
    ~ Linda Strauss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda for the comment. They are quite the amazing and interesting creature.

      Delete
  2. FYI: This is a California Forest Scorpion (Uroctonus mordax) Their venom is not very toxic unless of course you are allergic to Scorpion venom.

    ReplyDelete