Tuesday, November 3, 2015

My Favorite Squirrel and a Chickadee Too

On Sunday afternoon I created a new set up for photographing the birds and squirrels. I found a fir branch partially covered in lichen and set it up near the bird feeder. I sat in the blind after I set it up for about an hour and only managed to photograph one Chestnut Backed Chickadee. I gave up and went back into the house. A couple hours later I looked out the window to check on it and saw my favorite squirrel munching away at the feeder. It was a little female Douglas Tree Squirrel. I walked out very slowly and just photographed her with my camera on a tripod over the top of the photoblind. Douglas Tree Squirrels are my favorite because they are quite feisty for their size and sometimes will take on the Western Gray Squirrels that are four times their size. They also resemble a cute little teddy bear! Both images were created with a Canon 7D and a Tamrom 150-600 mm lens. AV mode, ISO 800, F 8.0. God's love and blessings upon your day, chris

1 comment: