Saturday, June 4, 2016

Return of the Sisters

One of the things that I really look forward to in late spring and early summer is the return of the butterflies. Off and on over the last month I have been catching sporadic sightings of butterflies in my yard. Probably my favorite is the California Sister. They are one of the more common butterflies where I live. When Annika and I were at the coast on Thursday we saw quite a few butterflies. As we were walking back to the car she said,"Hey Dad look a California Sister!". I was expecting that she had see one far ahead of us somewhere so I was looking way ahead. She glanced back at me and stated, "No,Dad, right here."as she pointed barely three feet in front of her. It was was one sitting in a nice spot at a perfect angle on a flower. "Don't move." I blurted out. It stayed there long enough for me to compose about eight frames. This is the one I like the best. Hopefully we will be seeing more of them as the summer progresses. May you have a blessed weekend, chris This image was created with a handheld Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400IS lens V1. The camera was set to AV mode, ISO 400, F 6.3 at 1/1,000th of a sec.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it' s butterfly and photo is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for the comment, Weronika Śmiecińska.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful one I have never seen before. I love the return of the butterflies as well. I have not seen as many as usual which worries me. It's been warm for a while so I figured they would be back pretty strong by now.

    ReplyDelete