Friday, July 20, 2018

Playing in the Dark

Today I got a new lens in the mail. I was happy to see it was waiting for me by our front gate when I got home from my check up with the surgeon. The surgeon explained to me that I'm healing well and that the pain from my surgery should subside in two weeks or so. Believe me I can't wait for that to happen. Just my short trip downtown for the check up beat me up. I couldn't wait until tonight to try this new lens out. It's a Samyang 14mm F 2.8 wide angle lens. First I had to wait for the moon to go down. Then I set my camera on a tripod and I focused on the center of the Milky Way between the trees in our backyard. Based upon the five hundred rule I had an exposure of close to 25 seconds wide open. I'm really happy with how the image turned out for such a simple composition. I'm really looking forward to feeling better and using this lens out in the field. Wishing you a great day and a wonderful weekend. God bless, chris MeFoto Tripod and a Canon T1i Camera with a Samyang 14mm lens. The camera settings used were Manual mode, ISO 1600, F 2.8 for 25 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment