Saturday, November 3, 2018

Photographing Kiteboarders on Bodega Bay

This last week I was down on the Sonoma Coast for a couple of days. When I rounded the first corner on Highway 1 into Bodega Bay I could see kiteboarders racing across the bay close to Doran Beach on the bay side. I drove down to the beach and found a place to park. The conditions were perfect. It was high tide with small waves and there was a really stiff breeze blowing. The kiteboarders were really moving. I talked to one of the group on shore taking a break. He stated that it was quite unusual to have windy conditions like this so early in the year. He went on to say that they usually have to wait until early winter for conditions like this. This was the first time I have photographed the sport of kiteboarding and I really enjoyed it. God's love and blessings upon your week, chris All images were created with a Canon EOS 7D MkII camera and a Canon 100-400mm F/4.5-5.6 L IS USM EF Mount v.1. #TeamCanon

No comments:

Post a Comment