Friday, December 21, 2018

Massive Surf!

Earlier this week I read the surf report for the Mendocino coastline. They were predicting swells in the range of twenty five to forty feet. When I saw that I knew I had to drive over and do some photography. It's not often that we get to see surf of that size. The next morning I got off to a slow lazy start and then got stuck behind a really slow driver going between thirty and forty on the straight aways. They wouldn't use pull outs and I had to drive half way to the coast before I could pass them. When I arrived at the Fort Bragg harbor entrance there were already some photographers set up photographing these massive swells rolling in. I stopped and talked to them for awhile. One photographer was all the way from Maryland! Leaving them behind I headed north for more scenic terrain. I stopped for awhile and photographed Wizards rock at Kabiselleh and then drove further up towards Westport for some more images. This was a day of safety first as the surf if you were to be swept in was incredibly dangerous. Some of the sneaker waves that rolled in were hitting the tops of the bluffs!!! There would be nowhere to run if you were on the rocks or the beach. It was a great morning for photography. God's blessings upon your weekend, chris All images were created with a Canon EOS 7D MkII camera and either a Canon 100-400IS v.1 lens or a Canon EFS-10-22mm lens. A Lee 15 stop "Super Stopper" ND filter was used on some images as well. #TeamCanon

No comments:

Post a Comment