Friday, January 11, 2019

Play Day in the Rain

It seems like I'm always cleaning out my office/studio. It's finally getting better and one of the biggest jobs left is to clean off my desk. During cleaning we uncovered a small box of costume jewelry. I'm always fascinated by the beautiful of the lines, colors and patterns of pieces from the nineteen forties, fifties and sixtes. They are made of cheap metal but have an inherent beauty. This afternoon it was pouring down rain and the wind was just howling. I could see the bases of the redwoods move. When that's going on it's no time to go outside. Looking for something to do I decided to play around and photograph the jewelry and a tray of Lake County Diamonds we unearthed as well. The diamonds are a very pure form of quartz that were blown out of the earth eons ago during an eruption of Mount Konocti in Lake County. Hence the name for them of Lake County Diamonds. All of the images were created in natural light with a Canon EOS 7D MkII camera and a Tamron 180mm Macro lens. God's love and blessings to all, chris #TeamCanon, #WithMyTamron

No comments:

Post a Comment