Monday, August 5, 2019

Birds and Bugs

When I awoke this morning and looked outside I realized it was the perfect day for photography. There were high clouds almost covering the sky. They were blocking out all the harsh light that can make photographing during summer difficult. I went out into the backyard and taped off all the feeder ports except one on one of our hummingbird feeders. Then I set up my camera on a tripod about two feet away from the feeder port with a macro lens and a flash. I plopped down in a chair behind it and I tried not to move. It didn't take long for the hummingbirds to discover that there only one spot to feed. I remained as motionless as possible taking an image now and then when everything looked perfect. There were tons of Anna's Hummingbirds coming to the feeder one after the other.After about half and hour I called it quits for the hummingbirds.Next I journeyed to the garden and stalked bugs with my macro lens. I had a great time. It was nice to be out and about with my camera on such a beautful day. God's love and blessings to all, chris All images were created with a Canon EOS 7D MKII camera and a Tamron SP Di 180mm macro lens. #teamcanon,#withmytamron

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful images, especially the Hummers! I had a lovely experience last night with a Hummer flying around me very close. I even had a camera in my hands but I knew I would scare it off so I just stood still and watched it fly around me. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the fly, it reminded me of how, as a child, I used to admire their beautiful metallic green bodies and couldn't understand why my mother hated them so much, they were and still are a thing of beauty to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy how we can find so much beauty in God's creation. Thanks for stopping in and commenting, Betty.

    ReplyDelete