Sunday, June 14, 2020

Hummingbirds in My Backyard

This afternoon I created a quick set up in the backyard. I grabbed a small redwood twig attached it to a light stand. Then I placed it right up next to the hummingbird feeder. I moved my new hummingbird photoblind as close to the feeder as my lens would focus The hummingbirds were fighting to use the perch that I put up as soon as I was out of the way and in the blind.There were almost all Anna's Hummingbirds mixed up with one Allen's/Rufous Hummingbird. It was a male and he only used the perch twice so I never got a decent image of him. The hummingbirds were active until the lighting got too low for me to photograph. After editing these these were my four favorite images. God's light and love to all, chris    All images were created with a Canon EOS 7D MKII camera and a Canon 100-400IS v.1 lens. Fill flash was provided by a Canon 550 EX Speedlight. #teamcanonusa



No comments:

Post a Comment