Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Playing With the Chickadees and Juncos

 When winter rolls around I very limited in the amount of bird species that I can photograph in my backyard. The most common birds left that haven't migrated south are the Juncos, Chestnut backed Chickadees and the Steller's  Jays. Every once in awhile I'll spot a Varied Thrush but usually when it's raining. This morning I set up a lichen covered branch about seven or eight feet out from our back bedroom window. I hung a single spout bird feeder over it filled with black sunflower seeds. I then went back inside and set up my camera behind the window blind/hide. Almost immediately the Dark-eyed Juncos came to investigate. They were soon followed by the Chestnut-backed Chickadees. I got some really nice images before the lighting got too bright. All of these images were created with a Canon EOS 7D MKII camera anda Canon 100-400 mm v.1 lens. Fill flash was provided by a Canon 550 EX Speedlight set to - 1 2/3rds stops. #teamcanonusa  God's blessings upon your week, chris





No comments:

Post a Comment