Tuesday, April 27, 2021

In Concert Tonight

 Early this evening Lenore asked me to come and look at a Rough Skinned Newt in our backyard pond. So I walked back with her to see if I could spot it.  I looked and looked and couldn't find it. As I turned to walk away I spied a tree frog AKA Pacific Chorus Frog on the very edge of the pond. I made a Criiich noise and low and behold the frog started croaking back at me! Lenore stayed with the frog and I ran and grabbed my camera. In all the years we have had the pond I've never been able to see one calling. Here was one less than three feet away from me calling loudly as bold as brass. After a whole bunch of unsuccessful attempts I finally was able to get one image in focus. Turns out my f stop control button is broken on my camera and it needs to go in for repairs. This was my first attempt at photographing a calling frog so hopefully next time I will do better.  God's love and blessings to all, chris 


Image created with a Canon EOS 7D MKII camera and a Tamron 180mm macro lens. Fill flash provided by a canon 550 EX speedlight set to - 1 2/3rds stops. 


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete