Friday, October 14, 2022

Attempt #2 Was Successful

 My second attempt at photographing calling frogs was much more successful. I used my Canon EOS 7D. (The 7D MKII has been sent off to Canon Pro Services for repair) I paired the camera with my venerable Canon 100-400 mm lens. I added a 20mm extension for close focusing. I once again used my Canon 550 EX speedlight for lighting. I attached two layers of white napkins to diffuse it with a rubber band. When Lenore and I walked across the patio we could hear two Pacific Chorus Frogs calling for females like mad. After searching the pond with a light I found one on the edge under the flagstone. Lying on my belly I was able to start photographing him from about three feet away. I t was really cool to hear and see. God's love and blessings to everyone, chris


No comments:

Post a Comment