Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Cat in the Blind and Photographing Hummingbirds

This morning was one of those times where things were a bit of a struggle. I changed out the batteries on my flashes that weren't working properly and then I had problems with them being too bright.I moved the flashes back and they were better but not perfect. Following that the flowers needed to be moved because the hummingbirds were landing on them rather than flying to them. When I finally got settled into the photoblind Papaya the cat came into the blind. She decided my lap was just the most perfect spot to sit in the whole wide world. Naturally I obliged and it was just right. Sitting there in my photoblind petting a purring cat on my lap was pretty pleasant, at least until a hummingbird came buzzing in. Then I had to lean forward to look through the cameras view finder in order to compose my image. As you can imagine this is rather uncomfortable to do with a cat in ones lap. Papaya too decided she didn't like the situation and she climbed from my lap onto the top of my shoulders. It was a little awkward to say the least trying to photograph a hummingbird with a cat on top of me. My photography was cut short. I could have thrown the cat into the house and come back out but I have way too many chores around the house to accomplish today. God's blessings to all, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment