Thursday, October 22, 2015

Dog On Lap

Late this morning I went out into the backyard to do some hummingbird photography. I decided to bring along Badger the Wonder Dog rather than leaving him alone in the house. After setting up my flashes and some flowers behind the feeder I settled into the photoblind. Badger did not. He kept moving around, trying to eat grass and wanting a lot of attention. It started by him putting his head into my lap. Next came his paws. I pet him for awhile and the he sat back down. A few minutes later he was at it again. This time he was much more insistent. Within a couple of seconds he was up into my into my lap. Being a good dog owner I reprimanded him and made him get down. Soon he was at it again. This time being a poor dog owner this time I let him stay on my lap just to keep the peace so I could do some photography. though admittedly it was a bit awkward to lean forward and focus. I created quite a few images but got one image I was really happy with. It's one I can add to the "Thrifty Fifty Challenge". God's love and blessings to all, chris Image created with a Canon 7D and a Canon 50mm 1.8 lens on a Manfrotto tripod with a Bogen ballhead. Camera settings used were Manual Mode, ISO 200, F 22.0 at 1/160th of a sec. Lighting was provided by four Canon 540EZ flashes set to 1/16th power. Two flashes were on the hummingbird and two were on the background. #TeamCanon

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping in and commenting on this photoblog entry, Moroccophotography.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so very much for the comment, D Stuart. I'm getting caught up on comments and the dreaded emails today. i had close to a thousand emails and my box was full!

      Delete