Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Oh My Little Juncos

God has created such an incredible diversity of birds for us to enjoy and I just get to see a small sampling of it where I live. Off and on for the last five days I have been photographing birds at a water set up my backyard. Needless to say I ended up photographing a lot of birds and it has taken quite some time to edit them. For the next few days I am going to share some of my favorites. I'm starting off today with the Dark Eyed Juncos. Where I live I get the Oregon Juncos and Slate Colored Juncos. This year has been rather strange as I didn't see very many Juncos all summer long which is a rarity for here because they are usually the most common bird around. It may have something to do with the drought. Luckily they have returned in the past few weeks and I am seeing more of them. Many people across North America are quite familiar with this species as their range covers most of the continent from Alaska all the way down to Mexico and from coast to coast. Here are three of my favorites. Enjoy the birds and God bless. All images were created with a Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 IS lens on a Manfrotto tripod. Exposures varied. If you are interested in creating a water set up like this one please check out the book, Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography", where step by step directions are provided to show how to build one. The book is available in both hardbound and as an ebook at Amazon and most anywhere fine books are sold.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Chris! There were less Dark Eyed Juncos here in NE as well. Less birds period, except for grackles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy that is very interesting. Perhaps with the warm summer we had they moved further north than they usually do. I seem to have plenty of them now. thank you fo coming by and commenting. I always enjoy looking at your images.

    ReplyDelete