Saturday, October 31, 2015

Waiting and Waiting for the Birds

Yesterday the fog was perfect around "Saint Francis Castle" when I looked down into the Little Lake Valley yesterday morning. "Saint Francis Castle" is what I call a really tall old Redwood tree that lost its top many years ago on the old Saint Francis Ranch. The fog and lighting were just right for what I wanted to do. I grabbed my 600 mm telephoto lens composed it on the castle and waited. I waited and waited. Every time I had the movement of a bird entering the frame I clicked the shutter. After a long wait and many single birds I had a flock of birds go across the frame. I clicked the shutter several times and I knew I had it. After processing the image I was really excited to see a beautiful simple image of fog, tree tops and birds. I love it. God's love and blessings to all, chris This image was created with a Canon 7D and a Tamron 150-600mm lens at 600 mm propped on my bedroom window sill. Camera settings used were AV mode,ISO 400,F 16.0 at 1/ 1250th of a sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment