Tuesday, October 20, 2015

What's Up With the Bugs?

Over the weekend I encountered yet another bug in my domicile. I heard some fluttering over my head as I walked into our sunroom. Looking up to surmise what was making the fluttering sound I spotted a Katydid throwing itself against the window trying to get out.What is up with all of the bugs in our house? must be the change in the weather. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a plastic container to place the poor hapless little creature in. I nimbly (of course) plucked it up by the wings and plopped it into the container with a snap of the lid. Early the next morning I placed the Katydid on a slender stalk of a Gladiola plant and photographed it with my macro lens. Afterwards I tossed it up into the air off of our deck so I could watch it fly away to freedom at the forests edge. They have got the coolest eyes! God's light and love to all, chris Image created with a Canon 7D and a 100mm macro lens on a Manfrotto Tripod with a Bogen ballhead. Camera settings used were, AV mode, ISO 800, F 3.5 at 1/30th of a sec.

2 comments:

  1. It's a very nice capture. I've never seen a red tinted katydid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for pointing that out! Now that I really think about it usually the ones i see are solid green.

      Delete