Monday, October 5, 2015

Marvelous Millipede

When I was taking Badger the Wonder Dog for a walk down the road on Saturday I spotted a millipede sauntering along on the edge of the road way. Not wanting him/her to be smunched by a passing car I scooped it up and brought it home. It was a pretty good sized one so I photographed it next to a yardstick before I let it go in the forest behind the house. What a cool looking creature. How do they keep all those legs organized and traveling in one direction? If you look closely at the image you can see evenly spaced groups of legs that are out of focus because they are moving faster than the shutter speed I used. There are waves of motion that travel down each side of the body to go forward. It is quite fascinating to watch. God created such a marvelous little creature. Have a wonderful evening and God bless, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment