Monday, August 1, 2016

Baby Quail

Yesterday morning I set up new perch in the backyard for the birds and squirrels. I photographed numerous Steller's Jays, Band-tailed Pigeons and Douglas Tree Squirrels. As I was photographing I heard the distinctive sounds of the feeding calls of Mountain Quail. When you are in a blind you have very narrow openings to see out of so I was trying to figure out where they were coming from. Eventually they ended up in front of the blind and I was able to capture this image of a little baby one scratching for seed right out in front of me on the ground. It's always exciting for me to be able to photograph Mountain Quail as they are quit skittish. Enjoy your day and God bless, chrisThis image was created with a Canon 7DmkII and a Tamron 150-600mm lens a 552 mm. Camera settings were ISO 800, F 8.0 at 1/100th of a sec. The camera was supported on a Manfrotto 190 XPROB tripod with a Bogen heavy duty ballhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment