Monday, August 15, 2016

Starting Off the Week

I was up at sunrise photographing the squirrels in my backyard. Some people don't like to photograph squirrels. But I find them to be a lot of fun to photograph. That is unless I'm trying to photograph birds then they can be a bit of an annoyance. This last winter a bear made off with one of my knot hole feeders. Recently I found it on the edge of the forest. It had a few bite marks in it but otherwise it was in pretty good shape. I really like this feeder because the opening is big enough to allow small squirrels and birds into it but it is too small for the big Western Gray Squirrels to use. Below is an image of a Douglas Tree Squirrel that was enjoying some black sunflower seeds for breakfast this morning. I really like the intimate feel of this image. This image was created with a Canon 7D mkII and Tamron 150-600mm lens at 600mm. Camera settings used were AVmode, ISO 800, F 8.0 at 1/30th of a sec. The camera was supported with a Manfrotto 055 XPROB tripod and Bogen heavy duty ballhead. #TeamCanon

No comments:

Post a Comment