Monday, August 8, 2016

Rockin' It

Yesterday morning I set up a really nice lichen covered rock next to the bird feeder in the backyard. Before I went out of the house I looked for the "Blasted Cat" but I couldn't find her. After sitting in the photoblind for a bit she showed up wanting to be petted. I picked her up and put her into my lap and she settled in purring contentedly. After about five minutes the Band-tailed Pigeons started coming in. I found that it's really hard to photograph birds with a cat in your lap that wants to get off and go eat the pigeons! I created some pretty nice images before she escaped my grasp and attempted to try and leap up onto the feeder and grab the pigeons. Thankfully she failed. God's blessings upon your week, chris This image was created with a Canon 7D mkII and a Tamron 150-600mm lens. The camera was supported with a Manfrotto 190 XPROB tripod with a Bogen 3055 Heavy duty ballhead. Camera settings used were Manual mode,ISO 400, F 5.6 at 1/2,000th of a sec. #TeamCanon

No comments:

Post a Comment