Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Portraits of Notches

This morning as I was setting up I had visions of creating some great images of Mountain Quail. I made sure to include a ramp up to the feeder for the quail to use. I waited and waited for about fifteen minutes and nothing came. Eventually a couple of Dark eyed Juncos showed up. They danced around the feeder but wouldn't come up to the perch. Next came a coupe of Chestnut Backed Chickadees. I made one decent image not worth sharing. A chipmunk circled the feeder and then left. Following that "Notches" showed up. Notches is a grizzled old Western Gray Squirrel that I have been seeing off and on for the past few years. It got it's name from the notches that look to be bitten from its ears. Ouch! I let the squirrel stay and feed and made a few close up portraits of it. I never heard or even caught a glimpse of a Mountain Quail today. At least you get to see some close ups of "Notches". God's love and blessings to all, chris All images were created with a Canon 7D mkII and a Tamron 150-600mm lens. AV mode, ISO 800, F 8.0, shutter speeds varied. The camera was supported with a Manfrotto tripod and a Bogen ballhead. #TeamCanon

No comments:

Post a Comment