Wednesday, October 26, 2011

From Concept to Image


I keep a list of images that I want to photograph in a little binder. As ideas pop up in my mind I sometimes write them down in it. Today I completed one of them. I have been wanting to capture a silhoutte of an insect on a branch in a sunrise. This morning I searched for insects by loading up the wood box which needed to be done before the next storm. I had an Alligator Lizard give me a start. You would think after all these years I might get used to them popping out of the woodpile next to my hand wouldn't you?
I found a few likely bark beetles and then I located a suitable twig from an oak tree. I set up an artificial sun and backdrop and Voila! I really like the final image.

God's love and blessings to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment