Monday, May 21, 2012

Marvelous Monday Mix

Today there were a lot of birds coming into the feeders out on the Burris Ranch. I made some changes after I finished my last session and it really paid off. Either that or the incoming light rainfall spurred them into feeding. I made a ramp up to the feeder so the quail could come up and I had California Valley Quail coming off and on all morning long. Even a California Ground Squirrel came by. The neatest sight of all were a pair of Western Flycatchers that stopped by for some nesting material in the form of some sheep's wool that I put on the fence.(thanks Becky Bowlds)There were also the usual House Finches and an few Acorn Woodpeckers and Spotted Towhees
stopped by. It was a very productive morning. Thank you Lord! Have a great day tomorrow, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment