Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Hummingbird Week Day Three

Hummingbirds and Fuschia flowers go together like peanut butter and jam. They are just made for each other. Yesterday when I was in the big city of Ukiah, Ca I purchased a small fuschia plant for photographing hummingbirds. This morning when I set it out next to the nectar feeder they were on it within minutes of me placing it there. From then on the hummingbird photography was close to being non stop. My only down time was in waiting for the flashes to recharge as the batteries are starting to run low. I must say I had a rather splendid time. God's love and blessings to all, chris Equipment used Canon 7D Canon 100-400 IS (4) Canon 540 EZ flashes set to 1/16th power Camera exposure settings- Manual mode, ISO 200, F Stop F14.0, Shutter Speed 1/200th of a sec. "Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography" by J. Chris Hansen available on Amazon and other fine book sellers.

2 comments: