Monday, August 17, 2015

Waiting for the Sunrise

This morning I set my camera up on our deck at six thirty two a.m. waiting for the sunrise. Sunrise for our location on earth in the Northern hemisphere was forecast or predicted to be at six twenty seven a.m. So what was I doing setting up my camera for the sunrise after the forecast time? I was waiting for the sun to rise over the mountains which in my location takes another eight minutes or so depending upon which peak the sun as to rise above or the earth to rotate past if you really put your mind to it. The vast majority of sunrise and sunset calculations don't take into account the mountains. I can't count all of the times i have sat waiting and wondering when the sun or the moon was going to rise. It's like a big surprise when it pops up. Here is a sequence of this mornings smoky sunrise. God's light and precious love to all, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment