Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Waiting

Today was all about waiting for the perfect moment. I set up a hummingbird perch and feeder at eye level and climbed into my backyard photoblind. I had the image in my mind that I wanted to create and I just had to be patient. Early on the lighting was too direct and it made the background and the hummingbird way too bright. The hummingbird also kept landing with its back to me and I wanted to see the gorget all lit up. I waited and waited. I was just about to call it quits and I convinced myself to stay a little bit longer. It was a good decision to wait. A male Anna's Hummingbird landed in perfect light facing me with its gorget all a fire. I had my image. God's blessings upon your day, chris Image created with a Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 IS lens and a 20m extension tube for close focusing. AV mode, ISO 800, F 8.0 at 1/200th of a sec. If you want to learn more about hummingbird photography please check out my book, "Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography". http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Backyard-Photography-Chris-Hansen/dp/1937538559 There is a chapter dedicated to hummingbird photography.

1 comment: