Friday, January 8, 2016

Sign in the Heavens

Yesterday afternoon I saw the longest lasting rainbow that I have ever witnessed. It was a partial rainbow in the sky over the Mendocino Mountains to the east of us. It lasted for over half an hour. When you consider that rainbows typically occur when the sun is at a 40-42 degree angle to the raindrops that is an awfully long time. In the bible Noah and his family had just survived the "Great Flood" and God told Noah and his family and future generations that they needn't be afraid of any more floods. That he would put a sign in the heavens to remind them of this. Here it is in Genesis 9: 12-16, "12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.” Pretty amazing to be able to see a sign from God in our daily lives. Something that we often don't take the time to think about often enough. God's precious light and love to all, chris

2 comments:

  1. So nice to see your name pop on the screen, Claudia! Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete