Thursday, December 1, 2016

Another Image of the Brick

About a year and a half ago I had a blog entry about my first serious camera an Argus C3 which had the nickname of the "Brick". The moniker suites it really well due to its shape and weight. Yesterday morning I was looking for some steel wool and I was sure I had some in one of my photo cabinets. I didn't but I ran across my old friend the Argus and I decided to rephotograph it with some new LED lighting I purchased awhile back. I photographed it on a black sweep using three lights. Two on the sides and one slightly off center in the front. I must say that I was very pleased with the result. This Argus has a lot of sentimental value as it was given to me by my Dad and it's the camera that I learned the basics of photography on. Surprisingly the camera is still in working condition. The Argus C3 was mass-produced from 1939 to 1966 by Argus in Ann Arbor, Michigan. There were over 2 million of them made making it one of the most popular cameras in history. God's precious love to all, chris Photographed with a Canon 7D mkII and a Tamron 18-200 at 200mm. The camera settings used were AV mode, ISO 200, F 16.0 at 1/13th of a sec. The camera was supported on a Manfrotto 190 XPROB tripod with a heavy duty Bogen ballhead.

1 comment:

  1. The lighting set up worked well. My husband started on one of those as well. We still have 3 of them at least. :-)

    ReplyDelete