Friday, December 2, 2016

Stare Down

My favorite squirrel hands down has to be the Douglas Tree Squirrel also sometimes called Chickarees. They are very similar in appearance to the Red Squirrels found in other parts of North America. They are quite gregarious and are pretty feisty when it comes to claiming the feeder for themselves. I have watched them fend off the much, much bigger western Gray Squirrels many, many times. In my backyard they are the only squirrels that have sort of adapted to having humans around. Which makes them a little easier to photograph because they don't always take off when I look out the window like the other squirrels and chipmunks do. Here is one that was giving me the stare down earlier this week from the top of the knot hole feeder. This image was created using my Canon 7D mkII from our back bedroom from behind a hide/blind placed in the window. I was using a canon 100-400 IS v.1 lens at 365mm. The camera settings used were AV mode, ISO 800, F 8.0 at 1/40th of a sec. God's light and love to everyone, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment