Monday, March 13, 2017

Day for the Birds

Today was a non photography day. First thing in the morning I filled and hung up the hummingbird feeders. Some of the first migrant hummingbirds are starting to show up. Hopefully I've got them up high enough to keep the bear away from them. When I raised them up last fall it seemed to do the trick. Afterwards I set about building some nest boxes. I built a dozen bird houses in all. One large owl box and eleven medium sized nest boxes. I'm looking forward to seeing how many get used. Thank you Nick and Scott for the free wood. The wood is just perfect for bird houses. If you get a chance please put up some nest boxes too. Cavity nesting birds will use them. They are fun to watch and will help keep your gardens bug free of cut worms etc. God's blessings upon your week, chris#teamcanon, #tamron

No comments:

Post a Comment