Thursday, June 24, 2010

700 Dollar Mistake

My seven hundred dollar mistake arrived today and I couldn't wait to give it a try. My mistake is a refurbished Canion 50D to replace the one that I arranged to give a swimming lesson to in Pyramid Lake awhile back. It survived for quite some time before finally dying.

The camera arrived via Fed Ex today and I immediately installed a fresh battery and went through the settings on the camera to set it up how I like it. I set up a longer preview and enabled the highlights to show etc. After setting up the camera I threw on a 100-400 telephoto. I set it on the tripod and wandered into the backyard looking for a subject. Some male Anna's Hummingbirds immediately caught my eye and I took numerous pictures of them trying to get one with the gorget lit up on display.






Works the same as my old 50D. Just waiting for the Vertical Battery Grip to come in as it is on back order. Currently saving money for a water resistanr body and a few more lenses. I just thank God that I was able to afford a new camera.

God bless,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment