Monday, June 21, 2010

Evening at the Ranch


Today was the first day of summer and for once it felt like summer. It was warm and the temperatures got into the low eighties. Woo hoo! Summer has arrived. This morning was spent going down to the big city of Ukiah and buying shoes. My shoe selection has pretty much dwindled down to nothing. So shoe shopping was in order as there are no stores in the big town of Willits that carry foot apparel of any kind except flip flops.



This afternoon I beat myself up at the gym and then headed out to the Burris Ranch for some photography. I sat in my blind for a short time before I got restless and then I took my camera for a walk. I really haven't explored much of the ranch so I headed up hill to where my friend Israel said there was a small pond.





When I got to the pond I saw a small turtle slide under the water and I saw plenty of dragonflies for a future photo expedition.
I also photographed a Western Fence Lizard checking me out from a top of a rock. Then the horses came for a drink to cool off and I got a chance to shoot some images of them as well. Afterwards I went down to the barn and sat the shade and had a fine conversation Israel before I packed it up and headed home. All in all it was a fine evening out at the ranch.

God's blessings to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment