Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Finchy Keen and a Dragon Too



This morning I had finches coming out of my ears. They were almost non stop coming to the feeder out at a friends ranch. I stayed in the blind from just a little before eight until about a quarter after ten when the light started getting to harsh to photograph in.





The only other birds that came to the feeder other than the finches were a California Brown Towhee that didn't like my perch and a White Breasted Nuthatch that I chopped the top of his head off when I was taking his portrait. Those little nuthatches never stop moving! There was also a crow that landed in an old apple tree above me that was making the most amazing gurgles and croaking sounds in addition to its cawing.





When I finally got home I retreated to the back yard for my lunch where I spied a dragonfly that has taken up residence next to our small garden pond. So I added his image to this mornings collection.



God's light,love and blessings to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment