Friday, April 22, 2011

From Turkeys to Turkey Vultures









Well, my persistence paid off today though apparently I missed most of the fun. Yesterday I created some Wild Turkey images and today I finally got some more Turkey Vulture images after three days of trying. For the past few days I have been working two locations my blind and a dead deer beside the road on the North end of the Little Lake Valley. The Lord does provide. When I noticed the dead deer beside the road. I hopped out of the car to take a look at it. Right next to the deer there was an old wooden fence post lying on the ground. I propped up the post next to the steel one and then fastened it to the fence with a piece of bailing wire. Instant perch! I then found a short fence post top and did the same on the next post down. When you look at the images you can see the difference between the ones on the steel posts vs the wooden ones. I guess it's a matter of taste?


Today I took a short break from the blind and drove into town for lunch According to Ruth the ranch owner I missed all the excitement. Right after I left a bear came barreling up out of the lower pasture and took off up the hill and then over to a neighboring ranch. Not more than two minutes after that one of the mares in the pasture next to my blind gave birth to a colt in less than ten minutes. When I arrived about an hour later it was walking around on wobbly legs. Too cute.

God's light and love to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment