Friday, April 20, 2012

Delight in the Small Things in Life

This morning dawned bright and clear over the fog filled Little Lake Valley. When I looked out my bedroom window I knew that it meant my bird photography would be over quickly. Bright sunshine isn't the best of conditions for most kinds of photography. I went out to the ranch after dropping Annika off to school and had a great time photographing birds. The birds were really nervous today. Sometimes a change in the weather will do that. As soon as the fog burned off it was getting too bright for doing birds. I went to my truck and grabbed a macro lens and a set of extension tubes. I wanted to photograph the tiniest wildflowers that were growing in the pasture next to my photo blind. The flower's bud is less than a quarter of an inch long. Photographing them meant getting down low into their world. I was laying flat on my stomach in the grass. The flowers looked positively beautiful on that level. What do you think? God's love and blessings to all, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment