Monday, April 30, 2012

Meet Chopper

I had a vision in mind of photographing a Western Gray Squirrel on a slanted mossy log. I pictured it with its long beautiful silver gray tail hanging down. This morning I sat in the blind for about an hour and a half . After a long wait Chopper showed up and climbed confidently up onto the log. He is a Western Gray Squirrel has been hanging around the area for a couple of years now. He is easy to spot because he has a deformed tail. His tail is missing most of the fur in the middle part of his tail. I'm not sure how it happened but the fur doesn't seem to be growing back.I call him Chopper because it looks like he got a bad hair cut and his tail fur is chopped up. When squirrels are relaxed they will let their tails down much as humans let their hair down when they feel comfortable. After a bit of time Chopper let his tail down and I had my image. Not exactly the perfect one I had in mind. But it was the one I was supposed to take. A lot like me. I'm not perfect but I will have to do. Thank you God. God's precious light and love to all, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment