Friday, May 3, 2013

Early Morning Madness

Last night the dogs awoke me at ten 'til three in the morning. Who knows what critter they were barking at? Mountain Lion,Bear, deer or flock of turkeys I really don't know. I got up to see what all the fuss was about and I could hear some creature off in the forest traveling through the dry leaves. While navigating my way in the dark back to our bed I noticed a bright spot of orange in the sky to the east. The last quarter moon was up and climbing into the sky. I'm up so I might as well photograph the moon I thought to myself. So I photographed the moon and surprised my self afterwards by promptly falling asleep only to be awoken by the dogs at six to be let out to go for their morning constitutional. I love my dogs... . This morning there was smoke in the air though not as bad as yesterday. That's probably why the moon was so orange. I took Badger the photoblind dog with me out to the Burris Ranch in the Little Lake Valley. The bird photography was a little slow and there were very few birds. All House Finches and one Junco. Before leaving I completely rearranged all of the feeders to hopefully change things up a bit. We'll see what happens. God bless everyone, chris

6 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic moon shot. I hope you are not in the path of those fires?? Be safe and may God watch over you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lia Storm for the compliment and your kind words. Thankfully we arenot in the path of any fires right now. this summer is going to be a challenge because it is so dry and we live in a forest. Your prayers are welcomed.

      Delete
  2. Wow, the smoke settling in the valley is so creepy, but also so beautiful, in a disquieting way. I hope you stay safe. The moon shot is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Running Reflections for your comment. Sorry for the late response I'm getting caught up on comments I have missed.

      Delete
  3. Hi!!! This Rajasekhar Dasari from India. Your blog is very good. I love to collect pictures and use for the Glory of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rajasekhar Dasari that is such a wonderful mission! May God give you strength and energy to complete it for the spread of his word to others.

      Delete