Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Fabulous Flycatchers

I got up bright and early this morning and drove to Mercy Springs Golf Course. You won't find it on any maps as it's a small private nine hole golf course north of here on the Eel River. I went there for our churches Man Day on Saturday and when I was walking around I found a fly catchers nest in an apple tree only about four feet off of the ground.I just had to go back and photograph them! I set up my blind and waited only about two minutes before the first flycatcher arrived carrying insects for their young. After that it was like clockwork. Roughly every five minutes one of the parents would show up with an insect morsel on the wing. A couple of times one of the babies would stick its head out of the knothole to see what was going on. They were constantly trying out their wings as well by beating them against the inside of the nest cavity. That sounded pretty cool. I'm guessing that they are going to fledge in the next couple of days. It was a great little trip. God's bright shining light and love to all, chris

2 comments:

  1. Awesome shots and story Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Judy Chandlee.I have been loving all of your cloud and sky photos.

    ReplyDelete