Sunday, March 15, 2015

Gorgeous Steller's Jay

On Saturday the birds were slowly started coming into the bird feeders very slowly at first and then they gradually they picked up the pace. The lighting was superb for bird photography as it was overcast with a a layer of clouds. I was getting a lot of images of Wood Peckers, House Finches and a few Dark Eyed Juncos. But because the lighting was so nice I really wanted to get an image of a Steller's Jay. I prefocused on the perch that they were using before going to the bird feeder but they were always too fast. Eventually one stopped long enough for me to take several images of it before it dove off of the perch onto the bird feeder. This was my favorite image. I just love the rich, blue plumage. God's love and blessings to all, chris Image created with a Canon 7D and a Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di Vc Usd Lens at 256 mm. Camera settings used were AV mode,ISO 800,F 5.6 at 1/800th of a sec. The camera was supported by a Manfrotto 055 XPROB tripod with a Bogen 3055 Bogen ballhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment