Saturday, December 19, 2015

Beautiful Morning

I slept in this morning until eight o'clock. Ah, Saturdays! When I checked outside there was a break in the weather and a beautiful view to the fog shrouded Redwoods below. By the time I went downstairs grabbed my camera and back up the stairs the fog was rapidly closing in. Afterwards I grabbed a bird feeder and went out into the backyard. I set up a perch with a milo (Sorghum) seed head. Every year some pops up and grows in almost the same exact spot next to our patio from fallen bird seed. Milo brings me back some good memories from my childhood of seeing large fields of it growing on the prairies east of the front range of the Rocky Mountains. It was grown for cattle as there were many dairies and the large stockyard in Greeley, Colorado which was close to twenty miles to the east of where I lived in Loveland. You could always tell if there was an east wind due to the smell! After setting up the perch I settled into the photoblind and waited for the birds. There were a lot of Juncos and Hermit Thrushes. They both loved the milo but I only got some images of the Dark Eyed Juncos. When I was finished I stopped on the way back into the house and photographed hummingbirds for about ten minutes. What a beautiful morning. Merry Christmas to all, chris All images created with a Canon 7D and Tamron 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC US lens with a Manfrotto 190 XPROB tripod with a Bogen ballhead. #TeamCanon

6 comments:

  1. Awesome nature shots Chris. =0)

    [http://shutterbugphlogger.blogspot.ca/]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for the comment, Marie. I really love photographing and sharing the beauty of God's creation.

      Delete
    2. Always welcome Chris, as you you should and so do I my friend. =0)

      Delete